A problem is encountered when attempting to install or uninstall a program that uses the Windows Installer service.
Corrupted registry keys or incorrect paths.
Download and run the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Select the Download button on the web page.
- Run the program "MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab"
- When the program opens, select Next, then select Installing if the problem occurs when installing the program or Uninstalling if the problem occurs when uninstalling the program.
- Select the program that you are trying to install or uninstall and click Next. If the program does not appear in the list, select Not Listed.
- When the Troubleshooter is finished attempting to repair any problems, close the Troubleshooter, then attempt to install or uninstall the program again.